- ARCO Feria Internacional de Arte Contemporáneo.
- Arte Lisboa. Feira de Arte Contemporânea. Ministerio de Cultura. Lisboa
- Queen Sofia Spanish Institute of New York. EE.UU
- Cinemacção. Ministerio de Cultura. Instituto de Arte Contemporáneo. Leiria, Portugal
- Focus – Abengoa. Fundación Abengoa Fondo de Cultura de Sevilla MAC. Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Unión Fenosa. A Coruña
- Foro del Atlántico de Arte Contemporáneo. A Coruña
- Manolo Prieto y el Toro Osborne. Itinerante
- Arte Santander. Feria Internacional de Arte Contemporáneo
- Museo de los Ángeles de Lucía Bosé. Turégano
- Convento de San Francisco de Asís. La Habana. Cuba
- Capella Degli Angeli. Roma. Italia
- Unesco. Paris
- Universidad de Puebla. Mexico
- Palazzo delle Esposizione. Roma. Italia
- Bodegas de Viña Extremeña. Badajoz
- Convento de San Francisco. Arrone. Italia
- Exposición Internacional de Artes Plásticas Unicaja
- Exposición Internacional de Artes Plásticas de Valdepeñas
- Aduana. Diputación de Cádiz
- Art Al Hotel. Feria Internacional de Arte Contemporáneo. Valencia
- Confederación de Empresarios de la Provincia de Cádiz
- Casa de Iberoamérica. Cádiz
- Sala Rivadavia. Diputación de Cádiz
- Fundación Focus – Abengoa
- Colección Cepsa
- Colección Osborne
- Colección Museo de los Ángeles de Lucía Bosé
- Museo – Fundación Florencio de la Fuente
- Biblioteca Nacional
- Patrimonio de la Universidad de Sevilla Diputación de Cádiz
- Colección Hércules de Arte Contemporáneo
- Confederación de Empresarios de la Provincia de Cádiz
- Fundación Vipren
- Museo Cruz Herrera
- Academia de BB.AA. Sta. Cecilia
- Colección Manolo Alés, La Línea de la Concepción
- Patronato Municipal de Artes Plásticas. Ayto. La Línea de la Concepción
- Instituto de Promoción y Desarrollo. Ayto. de Jerez
- Colección Ayto. de Jerez
- Colección Aguas de Jerez
- Colección GEN
José Antonio Chanivet
José Antonio Chanivet is, at the present time, one of the artists in the province of Cádiz with the best artistic arguments. He is also one of the artists who has evolved most and best, and one of the painters who has a creative body of work with the greatest pictorial personality and with a potential that is perfectly sustained by seriousness, rigour and artistic sense.
Chanivet is from Puerto Real in Cadiz; an artist linked to the town and to which he has given days of glory. With a training that came from the determining systems of restoration – he studied Fine Arts in Seville, graduating in the branch of Restoration and Conservation – his painting, precisely, has a very well-defined material content, perhaps, coming from that total knowledge of the material and its constituent elements that the concepts of restoration provide. This gives him a plastic dimension that is out of the ordinary, which enables him to face any kind of situation.
To begin by saying that we are in the presence of one of the most secure values of provincial art is no trivial matter and must be confirmed so that no one can be deceived. Firstly, his artistic training. Chanivet starts from a very powerful formal conception. He is technically very well prepared, especially in the handling of materials and in the conformation that emerges from them. This is undoubtedly due to his training, which allows him to have direct knowledge of the plastic elements. But, at the same time, behind this solvent technical capacity, we find a wise, profound artist, with a very particular language, which has been, in all his stages, very well defined and which reveals an artist of great maturity. All this has enabled the painter to achieve an important creative status that has allowed him to be in important exhibitions and his work to form part of first-rate collections. But, in addition, the painting of the Puerto Rican artist makes him participate in a new reality that is imposed from a decisive drawing to structure a figurative field where the real is absolutely nuanced. For all these reasons, it can be argued that José Antonio Chanivet is a very important artist in the environment of the province and that his work is part of the best pictorial imaginary in which one can believe.
His pictorial career has always been backed up by his mastery of drawing, by that elegant line of argument which allowed him to approach any form, however difficult it might be. His work, in all the different moments of his career, has shown a seamless technical development, established so that what was described had formal consistency and opened the perspectives of an artistic concept full of the most suggestive aesthetic approaches.
Now, in a conscious, full and absolute young maturity, José Antonio Chanivet presents in his painting some parreal fields where the representation of the usual is suspended in a new and special illustrative circumstance. In his work, which is based on the very special formulations of this enlightening drawing, the real is distorted in its representative positions. Nothing of what is represented possesses the usual entity to which we are accustomed. There is a decontextualisation, both visually and in its concept. The objects lose their initiatory idea, they share scenarios with other absolutely mediated realities and face a new representative system.
In Chanivet’s work, everything is subordinated to the force of the conforming matter, to this indisputable formal approach that opens up paths for him to walk along with creative solvency, in spaces where painting offers much more than the enigma it manifests. Because in his painting, the real and the fictitious play a different game, not subject to the usual laws of identification. Everything arises because it does; because the artist opens up perspectives to the real so that its established forms cease to be established and establish a new, totally arbitrary dimension. In Chanivet’s works, the concrete, that which the artist so beautifully and strictly shapes from his overwhelming technical quality, adopts new realities; gestures that cannot be embraced with the simple gaze and that enclose new illustrative layers full, in turn, of other realities.
Chanivet’s work proposes a dystopian dimension; in other words, nothing is what it seems to be. The borders of the real have lost their consistency to assume a new power where everything is possible – or impossible. In his painting, the voices use new registers that seem dissonant and that only offer a new vibration.José Antonio Chanivet is a painter full of creative energy, with artistic testimonies seasoned with the utmost purity and personality. His works are always fragments of life; of an existence created by him where the real and the sensed, the mediate and the immediate, the past, the present and the future form an indissoluble whole; a new state for which the spectator feels trapped in the means of the possible and the impossible.
For all these reasons, José Antonio Chanivet is a sure value that offers not the slightest doubt.